Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Youtubesday:Don't you remember you told me you'd feed me bacon? Girl you know it, girl you know it.

My best friend Meredith is moving to New York at the end of this week. And I'm going to miss her tons, but I'm excited because

a) She gets to do an awesome internship with a great company,

b) I get to visit her in October and

c) She comes back in December for her graduation and Christmas.

Anyway, these videos represent 13 years of friendship and just a few of our ridiculous inside jokes.

I can't tell you how many times we have laughed about this moment. There's something so ridiculous about it. Mer will always be the Milli to my Vanilli.

I heart Karen Carpenter. So does Mer. She has the most amazing voice. And she played the drums (although she didn't in this video). She may have died of anorexia, but we've managed to turn this into a song about food. "Don't you remember you told me you'd feed me bacon? You said you be making breakfast and feeding me bacon. Bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, oh bacon. I love you. I really do." Doesn't that make you hungry?

For the history on our love of Michael McDonald, please see this or this . "Ya Mo Be There" is an all time fave, if only for the ridiculous title.

Amelia Earhart flew a lot of airplanes except for that one time when she didn't come back...and then there's Maude.

Have a great day!

Love,
Elle Bunny

1 comment:

Ms. January Black said...

I love it!!! Thanks Elloise!