Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ya Mo Be There

I love Michael McDonald. I don't know what it is about him that makes me giggle, he is just a funny character in the music world.

That's his wife in the video with him. They are still married...cool, right? And you might ask how I would know this inside information. Because his daughter is my friend on MySpace. Let me start at the beginning.


I cannot hear the sweet sounds of M squared without thinking of my BFF Meredith. It isn't just because her Dad reminds me of him, it is because she was the first person I met who acknowledged how funny he is. Both of our moms love him and whenever we joke about him, they always say the same thing--"I love Michael McDonald. He has a great voice."

I don't know what prompted us to start doing it, but one day we began our Michael McDonald impressions and the world hasn't been the same ever since. There is something so funny about the faces we make while we emulate him--I couldn't begin to describe it, and I would never post a video of it (blackmail), but trust me, it's funny. We can't look at each other during simultaneous impressions because we will both bust up laughing.

Lately, Meredith has gotten much better than me--she barely makes the Michael McDonald face anymore, she's so good--incredible control. If Michael McDonald impersonating was an Olympic sport, she would win gold. Hopefully I would get silver. I have a lot of practice.

Anyway, whilst honing her skills, Meredith did some research and found young Miss McDonald on MySpace. So now we are both her MySpace friends. She is your typical teenager living in Tennessee (so normal, right?), griping about her parents and trying to rebel. It's gotta be hard to rebel against your Dad when he was a Doobie brother...she must have to look for ways to piss him off.

Anyway, just thought I would share some of my favorite videos by the original "Eminem". Enjoy!

No comments: