Friday, January 23, 2009

Michael McDonald is Friday's Fun Fearless MALE!

I think it has been established that I love me some Michael McDonald.

My best friend Mer also loves Michael McDonald. It is one of the many things we have in common. I love that we sing Michael McDonald songs together. I love that she gave me a Michael McDonald Christmas ornament that she decoupaged herself. Wednesday was her birthday and we had fun going out to dinner and doing Michael McDonald impressions. So in honor of her birthday, Michael McDonald is today's Fun Fearless Male.

Our love for Michael McDonald is one of those things unique things about our friendship-like our love for Karen Carpenter or our unfortunate inability to whistle.

Michael was born in St Louis, Mo is 1952. In his early career he worked with Steely Dan and the dubious Doobie Brothers. Then he went out and had a very successful solo career singing blue-eyed soul and performing in commercials for long-distance phone service. Our hero is the original regulator! He has been married to singer Amy Holland since 1983. M squared lives in Tennessee with his family. Have I mentioned that we are friends with the original Eminem's daughter on MySpace? Her name is Scarlet and she's awesome. I admit, it IS a little stalkerish that we befriended her on Myspace, but she could have denied us if she wanted to.

Anywho, Meredith called me yesterday to let me know that her friend's boyfriend knows Michael Mcdonald and has his telephone number. I nearly died. We've got to call him and do our impressions for him! I'm sure he would be honored.

Let's give it up for Michael McDonald, Friday's Fun Fearless Male!

Have a great weekend!

Love,

Elle Bunny

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But did you know that MM is going to be at One World Theatre on Sunday night for an auction/benefit??? We could take Daddy for his birthday!!

Elizabeth said...

We need to go! I'm taking it to the streets because minute by minute those tickets are selling and we better get one soon or else they are going to run out--but Ya Mo Be There!