Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What's Happening, Hot Stuff?

Today it is time to pay tribute to one of the greatest movies ever. Sixteen Candles. Molly Ringwald at her best, and most importantly, JAKE RYAN. Swoon. He is a good representation of every crush I ever had. Played by Michael Shoeffling, who went away after the only other movie I have ever seen him in, Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken (for some reason I loved that movie as a kid). My life is most definitely a John Hughes movie (with a little bit of Steel Magnolias thrown in) and out of all the characters Molly played, this was the one I related to most. Although I didn't find my Jake Ryan until I was in college. Here is what Wikipedia had to say about Michael Schoeffling's career.

"Schoeffling is best known for his role as Jake Ryan in Sixteen Candles, serving as a legendary lust object amongst generations of fans. On Valentine's Day of 2004 a full twenty years after the film's American premiere, the Washington Post ran an article entitled "Real Men Can't Hold a Match to Jake Ryan of Sixteen Candles", which celebrated Michael, and his character Jake's enduring popularity.[3]
Michael has been unable to duplicate the same level of success he saw with his role in
Sixteen Candles, and in various magazine and newspaper interviews stated the lack of roles and a family to feed were his reasons for retiring from acting. He now lives with his wife Valerie Robinson, also a former model, and their two teenaged children in Newfoundland, Pennsylvania, producing handcrafted furniture as the owner of a woodworking shop. The public and the media claims he owns a store but nobody seems to knows where it is."



Doesn't it make you happy to think of Jake Ryan building things in the woods?

And I thought I would throw in some Long Duck Dong for good measure!



Enjoy watching and have a great day!

Love,

Elle Bunny

No comments: