Friday, July 18, 2008

Stephenie Meyer, Friday's Fun Fearless Female

Stephenie Meyer is my shero for four reasonsTwilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn
(which I haven't read yet, of course, but have no doubt will be awesome). I am in the process of trying to read The Host to occupy my time until Breaking Dawn comes out (2 weeks!) but it is hard for me to get into since I'm not a big science fiction person.
Stephenie is a Mormon housewife who lives in Arizona with her husband Pancho (whose real name is Christian--I'd like to hear the long story that lead to that nickname) and her three sons. She graduated from Brigham Young. She wrote Twilight after having a dream in which she saw a girl sitting in a meadow with a sparkling vampire. Can you believe that is what a Mormon housewife dreams about?
She is a great writer and I would love to sit down to lunch with her. Here is a video of her talking about Breaking Dawn.


Doesn't she seem nice? So Stephenie is Friday's Fun Fearless Female because she managed to write several awesome books despite the fact that she three little boys running around her house.

Have a great day, and if you haven't read the Twilight Series, you should!
Love,
Elle Bunny

No comments: