Friday, August 8, 2008

Connie Britton, aka 'Mrs Coach', Friday Night Light's Fun Fearless Female!


I love Friday Night Lights. It is in my top ten television shows of all time. I love the kids on the show (my husband met Scott Porter aka Jason Street when he came into his restaurant and they took a picture together--my husband was sure I wouldn't believe him otherwise). If you don't already know, FNL is filmed in Austin and the surrounding areas. I love to see places that I am familiar with and spot friends as extras. I love that the show feels familiar and none of the characters are all good or all bad.
The thing I love the most about this show is the relationship between Coach Eric Taylor and his wife Tami, played brilliantly by Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton. You can tell that they love each other, but they talk, love, and fight like a real couple. Connie Britton plays such a realistic Texan wife and mom that it is hard to believe she's not from Texas (she was born in Boston Mass and grew up in Lynchburg, Virginia), she not married, and she doesn't have kids.

Fun Facts about Connie:
1) She played Billy Bob Thorton's wife in the Friday Night Lights movie as well, although in the movie her character was named Sharon.
2) She is the former roomate of Lauren Graham, the mom from Gilmore Girls.
3) She has a fraternal twin sister.
4) She went to Dartmouth College, where she majored in Asian Studies and spent a term in Beijing, China.
5) Britton received accolades for her starring roles in Ed Burns' acclaimed independent films The Brothers McMullen and No Looking Back. I know I saw Brothers McMullen, but I don't remember much about it, other than the fact that it was very good.
I love her character Tami Taylor and I love her for playing it so well! Let's give it up for Connie Britton, today's Fun Fearless Female!
Have a great weekend!
Love,
Elle Bunny

No comments: