Friday, August 1, 2008

OME, Robert Pattinson is Friday's Fun Fearless MALE!

Words cannot express how crazily excited I am today. Because tonight, at the stroke of midnight, I will be in line to get a copy of Breaking Dawn, the fourth and final book from written from Bella's perspective in the Twilight Series. After that, Stephenie Meyer will be finishing up Midnight Sun, which is Twilight from Edward's perspective. The first chapter is up on her website if you want to check it out.
http://stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/midnightsun_chapter1.pdf
So anyway, if you haven't heard, Robert Pattinson is playing Edward Cullen in the movie. He was Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter series. He hasn't really been in a lot of movies, and he is only (gasp) 22 years old. This is the first time I have ever seriously crushed on anyone who is younger than me, but he is a hottie.
Fun facts about Rob:
1) He is a terrible interview subject.

He mumbles a lot, makes silly comments, and laughs through half of what he is saying. But he looks dreamy while doing it.
2) He is a Brit (thus he has a hot accent).

3) He qualifies to be a crush of mine because he does have some Dylan McKayness there.

Exhibit A--The hair

He is also hard to control and hot, two key elements of the Dylan McKay persona.
4) To prepare for the role of Edward, he isolated himself from his friends and family in order to become a whiter shade of pale and to feel the isolation that Edward has felt in the many years before he met Bella.

5) He has a sister named Lizzy.
6) He is a musician.

He sings, plays guitar and keyboard. This is pretty important as far as his ability to realistically play Edward, but it also makes him cool. They are supposedly going to be featuring 2 songs from him in the movie, though not as Bella's Lullaby. Here is a clip that is supposedly him playing in London. If this is him, I am totally shocked and impressed. If it isn't, then I want to know how they got a guy to do that who has the same mannerisms and appearance (although it is hard to see). When this came out on the internet, the Twilight community went crazy and a lot of people said really mean things about him, but I don't know what they are talking about. I really think it is pretty good for an actor who is trying to sing. He kind of sounds like a cross between Eddie Vedder and that guy from Once.


7) He goes by the nickname Spunk Ransom (see below)

Here is my favorite quote from Rob: "Up until I was 12 my sisters used to dress me up as a girl and introduce me as 'Claudia'! Twelve was a turning point as I moved to a mixed school and then I became cool and discovered hair gel."

Here is some footage of my other favorite Rob moments.






Have a great weekend!

Love,

Elle Bunny
P.S. Thanks goes out to my awesome husband, who is the Edward to my Bella. Thanks for putting up with my crazy obsessions and for trying to read Twilight. Rob/Edward may be dazzling, but you dazzle me more!

No comments: