Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The New 90210


Dear New 90210 people,


I can hardly wait for it to start. I'm so excited that Kellan Lutz is going to be on the show.

And I can't wait to see all of the backstabbing and bitchiness. It will be a pure joy to see Brenda and Kelly duking it out again

it is quite possible I might cry, I will be so happy.

I have to admit, though-I'm kind of worried that I'm not going to like it. It looks so glossy. I know, I know, you have to attract the kids today who are all watching Gossip Girl, but I recently saw this picture of the updated Peach Pit

and it scared me.
This is what the Peach Pit should look like:
Are you taking notes? It might be a good idea.
I'm hoping you won't take away what is magical about the show. The most important part of the show is the bond between friends--these kids felt more like a family, and despite the fact that they were living in a very ritzy neighborhood and had very glamorous problems, it often felt more like a small town, where you could go to the local hangout and sit around with friends and talk. It is important that the Peach Pit is still that place for these kids.
And these kids better be worth bringing the show back for. Now I am very happy that you are bringing back folks like Brenda and Kelly,

and I giggled with delight when I learned that Aunt Becky

would be the new "Cindy Walsh." But if you are going to make this about a whole new bunch of kids, make it interesting. It is okay to update the kids--I don't have a problem with that--but is it possible that they could be more Seth Cohen and Summer Roberts

than Dan Humphrey and Blair Waldorf?

I want to actually care about them.
Jennie Garth-

yes, I'm calling you out. You know Kelly's always been my girl. But I have to ask you about this statement you recently made on why you were returning to 90210 when many of your male co-stars weren't:

“I want to give the show the credit it’s due for giving me my start, so I couldn't turn my back on it. And, the girls now look a hell of a lot better than the guys.”

Now, I appreciate your loyalty to the zip code, but I don't know why you had to dog the boys along the way. We already know they don't want to be on the show and that many of them are not able to be on it because they are already working on other projects. And while I think you look great, I think these faces would be a welcome addition to the cast:


And bring Donna Martin back!

Thanks!
Love,

Elle Bunny



UPDATE:
Kelly and Dylan 90210 (2.0) Reunion?!

Another UPDATE:

No, For Now--BOO! Come back, Dylan!

No comments: