Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I love the music of Kate Walsh!

She is so very talented. Her music is very pure. She recorded her last album, Tim's House, in her friend Tim's House, so the album is named in his honor. Her first album is called Clocktower Park. She is a Brit who graduated from the Brighton Institute of Music.
The music on her albums is simple but has a lot of atmosphere. Her voice is honest, and so are her lyrics. The songs are beautiful to begin with, but as you listen to them, their beauty grows.
Sometimes when I'm listening to her music in my car, I will be so struck by a line from one of her songs that before I know it, I'm crying.
Here are some of my favorite lyrics and some videos:
________________________________________________
Your Song:
Haven't you heard? I'm stuck on a verse
I'm stuck on a boy who fills me with joy

I knew I was wrong to jump straight on into
this picture so pretty, but he is so pretty to me

And he doesn't know just how far I would go
Just to kiss him
He doesn't doesn't know I pine
So I make whirlpools
And watch him sparkle
And we'll make love make magic

And haven't you heard? I've fallen head first
And he loves me so, we're two in a row
Just look at his eyes, they're blue as the skies
A picture so pretty but he is so pretty to me

________________________________________________
Talk of the Town:

So hurry on home, all the love is gone
Hurry on home for me

This headache got my heart,
it’s pounding like a drum
Come drum it out of me

‘Cause now that I see through the thick empty air,
I see that you just don’t care

I’m just the talk of the town
Famous for fooling around
But honey don’t corner me in
Till I can reign in here

‘Cause I'm just the talk of the town
The obvious place for stealing your beautiful crown
______________________________________________
Bury my Head:

Tip-toeing where you shine your light,
Stealing my heart into the night,
And springing it on me just when the time is right.
You told me about her and all the plans you're making,
Lost in the woods with two crumbs for taking.

Now I don't want to share
Your fingers through my hair.

But if you keep calling my name,
I'll bury my head in the sand hoping you'll stay.
_______________________________________________
Tonight:
________________________________________________
Don't Break My Heart
________________________________________________
So congratulations to Kate Walsh for being a truly original artist!
That's hard to come by these days.
Hope you enjoy! If you don't have her albums, check them out, they are awesome.
Love,
Elle Bunny

No comments: