Monday, June 2, 2008

Crazy lazy Sunday

I had a great day yesterday with Mr. Bunny. We slept until 11 AM (which is getting harder to do the older I get) then got up and lounged around until around 2. During this time, I finished off my leftover steak from our special date on Tuesday night at Ruth's Chris (My hubby had finished his off Saturday night when he got home from work).
Then we finally started moving and went on a tour of Half Price Books. I have officially finished the California Diaries, and I am on a search for great new books. So I checked out the web and wrote down a couple of titles that I was interested in or have heard good things about. Mr. Bunny is on the search for the old paperbacks of the James Bond series now that he has collected all of the new versions (he loves to collect books--he has like 5 copies of every books by Vonnegut).
So we hit the road and went to the Half Price Books on South Lamar--the only one I have never been to. We found 2 of Mr. Bunny's books, none of mine. But I like that location. Then, we went to the location on Lamar close to Koenig Lane. There I found one of the three books I was looking for. Then we made a stop at Texadelphia, and he ate a cheesesteak, and we shared queso and curly fries (I was still full from the steak, but I always have room for curly fries and queso). Then we went to the Half Price Books location at the corner of Parmer and Mopac. We found nothing. Next, we went to the location in Round Rock off of I 35. Nothing. So finally, I realized that the other two books I was looking for might not be at Half Price Books, and we decided to go to Hastings and I found both of them immediately. Finally, since we had been to all of the others, we went to the one on Anderson Mill. Mr. Bunny found 4 of his books there and he spent a whopping total of $1.60 for all of them. We finished up our day of shopping by stopping at HEB to get the essentials.
I love that I have found a husband who loves books and loves to read as much as I do, if not more. Not only that, he likes to go shopping at used book stores as much as I do. I'm a lucky girl.
So do you want to hear about my new books?
Book #1: Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin

Isn't that a great cover? If you look closely, that's a cruise ship in the snow globe. This a book about a fifteen-year-old girl named Elizabeth who is killed in a car accident and finds herself in a new world when life is lived in reverse, i.e, you start out at the oldest you will be, and as you lead your life, you become younger. I thought it looked interesting and reminded me of that new Brad Pitt movie that is coming out soon.

Book #2: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

This is a book about a girl who suddenly moves from Phoenix to Washington State to live with her dad after her mom gets remarried and falls in love with a boy she discovers is a vampire. I don't usually like vampire stuff, but I have heard this is really good. We will see.
Book #3: Many Lives, Many Masters, by Dr. Brian Weiss
Okay, this is definitely proof of three things: 1) I majored in Psychology in college; 2) I watch Oprah; 3) I watched that episode of 90210 where Dylan regresses to a past life and discovers that he and Kelly were in love in another life time a few too many times. I have always been interested in the idea of reincarnation and past lives, etc, and I don't necessarily think that Christianity and the idea of these things have to be mutually exclusive. This book is about a Jewish Psychiatrist who hypnotizes a catholic woman and she starts having past life regresssions. Obviously these two were not easily convinced, so I'm interested in reading.
I plan on reading the first chapter of each book and deciding which one I want to read first or if I would like to read two at a time. There is nothing like having new books to read!
Happy Reading!
Elle Bunny

No comments: