Monday, June 16, 2008

My wonderful Daddy

Since yesterday was Father's Day, I was thinking about how lucky I am to have such a wonderful father. My Daddy is one of the best people I know and has so many great qualities. He is funny, humble, honest, and loving.He is the son of a house painter named Clarence and a homemaker named Millie Ann. They raised him along with his four brothers and one sister in a small house filled with love. He was the first person in his family to graduate from college. My Daddy started working in land surveying to pay his way through college, and though he is never one to brag about himself, he has a very successful career as a partner in a land surveying business after many years of hard work. In addition to all that my Daddy has accomplished, he is always so supportive of everyone else in their own accomplishments. My parents are always the happiest for me and and my sister when something good happens. Daddy is always telling me that he will help to support me in any effort to go back o school to get my masters--this is after my parents supported me the whole way through college, then paid for a beautiful wedding. He is the most proud of me when I do something great, but he will give me a Look if I talk bad about people. He is always telling me to be a singer even though I have a pretty average singing voice. My Daddy believes in me more than I believe in myself. My sister and I have talked a lot in the last few years about how we wish we could keep my Mom and my Dad in our back pockets and be able to utilize their expertise at any time. My Daddy is so smart and knows so much about everything, that he could pretty much be my one and only lifeline if I ever went on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (if that show is even still on). He is very good at dealing with people and very likable. When I am not sure how to handle a situation, Daddy always knows what to do.Daddy has always been there for me. When I was sick, my Daddy was there for me just like Mom was. He would come and stay the night in the hospital with me and we would watch TGIF on Friday nights.
He used to take me and my sister shopping for Christmas gifts for my Mom on the day before Christmas and he couldn't resist buying us toys while we were there, despite the fact that we had dozens of packages with our names on them at home underneath the tree, waiting to be opened the next day.
He has been a great husband to my Mom for close to 30 years now, he is a great brother to his siblings, and a great father-in-law to my husband. He is an awesome uncle and he will make a wonderful and doting Granddaddy someday. I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful Daddy!

No comments: