Monday, June 30, 2008

Why do I put off getting my nails done?

It is such a pleasurable experience. Somehow, I always put off doing it until my nails are in horrible need of it. I go to a place called Deluxe Nails. Me and my Mom and my sister Meredith followed three ladies there who used to work at a tacky nail place that we loved called Dragon Nails. Deluxe Nails is more uptown, and I'm so glad they made the move. Although it costs a lot more to get my nails done, it is worth it. They have complimentary drinks (I always get a diet coke) and they have large flat screen televisions in every direction possible. In recent months I have been making appointments to see Tuoi specifically, one of the ladies we followed to Deluxe Nails, because she is so sweet. A lot of the other ladies can get kind of crabby and hurt my hands, and I can totally tell that they are talking about me in Vietnamese or Korean(?).
But my favorite part of the experience is the movies they show. They always are playing the best chick flicks. This weekend when I went they were playing one of my all time favorite movies, "The Holiday."

It is really cheesy and romantic and I just love it, and if you haven't checked it out, you should. The time before that, they were playing "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days."


When I got married, we planned a special girls day on the Wednesday before the wedding, which just so happened to be my Mom's birthday. We had a wonderful brunch, then went to Deluxe Nails and had our nails done and got pedicures. Now I love Mr. Bunny's Mom more than life itself, but she and her younger son stayed in Mr. Bunny's apartment for two weeks leading up to the wedding. It was a little bit too much togetherness, and the Bunnies were going crazy. Mr Bunny had to work ridiculous hours leading up to the wedding so that we could take our honeymoon, so guess who got to spend the majority of the time with her, and also drive her around in the Bunnymobile? That's right, you guessed it, moi.
So there we were at Deluxe nails, My Mom, My sister, My future mother-in-law, and one of my bridesmaids, Lindsey. And they are all pampering us and it is so nice. Lindsey starts beating on her chair and I wonder what on earth she is doing until she gets my attention and says so quietly that only I can hear it, "Oh my gosh, look at what movie they are putting on." When I realized what movie it was my sister and I exchanged a look and it was all I could do not to laugh. It had been a stressful week and I still wonder today if they put that particular movie on to make me stop and laugh. You might be wondering what movie they put on.
It was "Monster-in-law."

Have a great day!

Love,
Elle Bunny

No comments: