Tuesday, February 10, 2009

10 Reasons I'm Excited to Be Buying a House

1) If I really wanted to, I could put 10 pink flamingos in my front yard. Who's going to stop me?
2) No stairs. I think this is the part I'm most excited about, since at the present time I live in a third floor apartment. My thighs are growing at the thought of living in a one story house.
3) We have a backyard. With trees. This is exciting for both of us, because we look forward to entertaining friends and gardening. This is exciting for Mr. Bunny because he can play bocce ball and washers and horseshoes, and barbeque. For me, a backyard equals ample room to hula hoop and cartwheel.
4) Two bathrooms. This means when the two of us get home after being in the car for an hour with large drinks, we won't have to pretend to be polite and the let the other person go first. Now we can just fight for who gets to go to the closer bathroom. 5) I think sometimes I might just go sit in one of the spare bedrooms and stare at the wall for 30 minutes.
6) Mr Bunny will have a man room where he will store all his video games-the Wii, the XBox, you name it, it's in there.
This is awesome because it means we will have a real grown up living room. In this room we can watch movies and Lost together. But when Mr. Bunny wants to play Zelda, he can go to his man room and leave me to my Beverly Hills, 90210 and Real Housewives debauchery.
7) I can has new kittehs?
8) I'd venture a guess that if I stand in the front bedroom and hollered, Mr. Bunny wouldn't be able to hear me in the kitchen. I'm only guessing, but that is pretty awesome.
9) Rain, Sleet, Snow, Ice, Mud and Muck will not matter because I will have a freaking garage. This is perhaps the most life changing development because I'm consistently late everywhere and hate getting into a car affected by the elements-it only makes me later than I already was. I'm also really excited to not have all of my neighbors see me walk out in my pajamas everytime I leave something in my car.
10) I will be able to fully enjoy listening to music and dancing around. I will have more area to do so and won't have to feel like I'm disturbing the peace-no longer will I be on the third floor flanked by neighbors to the sides and below. It is an amazing sense of freedom.
Thanks for reading my list of reasons I'm excited about buying a house-I need to focus on this because right now I'm getting overwhelmed by the paperwork and the redtape of it all.
But it's all worth it because I'm getting a House!
Have a great day!
Love,
Elle Bunny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And just think - when you go out into your expansive back yard at night and look up into the sky, those stars belong to you!!! Be careful not to trip on the bocce balls.

Pinky