Friday, February 6, 2009

I seriously don't know who to pick as Friday's Fun Fearless Female.

The reason I can't pick is that there isn't one candidate that sticks out for me. There are actually quite a few. But in the past, I've picked the majority of Friday's Fun Fearless Females/Males/Twins/Felines based on their having done something outstanding/interesting/fearless and the fact that I would enjoy throwing back a few Margaritas with them (with the exception of the Obama Girls, Piper Palin, and Knox and Vivienne Jolie-Pitt: too young; although,I think Spaghetti Cat would be able to hold his liquor).
However, this week, I'm unable to find anyone who fits both criteria.So instead, I'm going to talk about a couple of ladies I think are bat-shit crazy, but undeniably fearless.
First up:

Nadya Suleman is obviously delusional. In case you didn't figure it out already or you've been living under a rock, this is the lady who recently had octuplets at the age of 33. She lives with her parents in a two bedroom apartment. She declared bankruptcy just over a year ago and she already has six kids. How the hell did she come up with the money for fertility treatment when she just declared bankruptcy? And while I don't think I would enjoy socializing with the woman, there's no denying that this is an outstanding story and that she doesn't have a fearful bone in her body-she doesn't seem too concerned about how to feed 14 kids or how she is going to give them a suitable home. She doesn't seem concerned about their lack of a male role model (well, I guess her Dad could fill that role if he didn't have to go to Iraq for contract labor to feed her 14 kids). She obviously didn't have any fear when they implanted several embryos. I'm somebody who usually lives by the philosophy "live and let live" but someone needs to investigate this woman further. So Nadya is definitely one of this Friday's Fearless Females--but I don't know how fun she is.
And my second pick for Friday's Fun Fearless Female is Ricki Lake. Why Ricki, you may ask? Because of this. Ricki is going to be hosting the third season of Charm School on Vh1. I don't know if she is a glutton for punishment or maybe she just likes getting into fights with Bret Michael's rejects. Either way, I hope that she is as feisty as Sharon Osbourne. I also agree with Michael K who recently stated that he hopes Ricki Lake owns a full body latex suit because unfortunately, these ladies look diseased. But Ricki has lots of experience in dealing with that lot of people--remember her talk show? My favorite parts were always when the audience would chant "Go Ricki! Go Ricki!" I also liked it when the doorbell would ring and Ricki would say "Uh-Oh!" and somebody else would pop in for a little drama. Here are some clips from the awesomeness that was that show. She had a great opening sequence!

So while these ladies may not inspire me to reach for greater things and dare to be a better me, they certainly make great entertainment.
So let's here it for Nadya Suleman and Ricki Lake, Friday's Fun Fearless Females!
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Love,
Elle Bunny

No comments: