Thursday, February 26, 2009

Best and Worst of the Oscars

Let's get the boring awards out of the way first:
Best Dressed Male:
I bet you expected me to pick Rob for that, huh? Well, think again. 007 was looking mighty fine and his tuxedo was so perfectly tailored, it is undeniable that he was the best dressed male.
Best Dressed Female:

I thought Tina looked gorgeous on Sunday night. The dress, her hair, the earrings-it was all perfect. She should be proud that as a television star, she put some of the big movie stars to shame.

Best use of color:

Natalie looked gorgeous and I love that she wore a color that most people stay away from. Her skin looked amazing. What happened to her? I haven't seen her in a movie in awhile.
Best Dressed Nominee:
Tie!

I couldn't choose between these two lovely ladies, who were my picks for Best Supporting Actress and Best Actress as well (not that I thought they would win, I just thought they should). These are two ladies that often miss the mark in fashion, but they both got it right on this night, which is one of the most important nights of their careers. Bravo Marisa and Anne!

Now it gets more interesting:
Worst Dressed Female:
Disney, say it isn't so. Are you trying to hint at the fact that you are planning to make a live action remake of The Little Mermaid starring Miley? Because that would break my heart. This ho cannot play Ariel. And she doesn't know how to dress herself either. The whole look is something awful.
Worst Dressed Male:

Sorry Mick. I love ya, ya know I do, but this is very pimp-ish. You can do better. But I love you anyway!

Other Amazing Fashion Achievements from the Oscars:
Robert Downey, Jr. gets the Dick Clark(before he had the Stroke) Award
because he somehow managed to shave 20 years off of his look. We haven't seen him looking this young since Less Than Zero . Did he find the Fountain of Youth whilst sleeping in a young neighbor child's bed?
Sophia Loren gets the My Wig Looks even Worse than Kim Zolciak's Award

Sophia, you are one hot lady, and you are way too hot for that broke ass wig. The only thing worse than that is the monstrosity to follow:

I'm talking to you Mary. That's right, I'm calling you Mary because I refuse to address you by your given name. You will always be the bitchy trouble-making older sister from 7th-Heaven to me. And today, you are being honored with the My Hair looks even worse than Sophia Loren's Wig which is Worse than Kim Zolciak's Wig Award I'm not even going to comment on the travesty that was your dress or your horrible bridesmaid shoes in black. I'm just going to say that I'm not surprised Justin didn't want to be your date.

The little kids from Slumdog Millionaire get the So cute they should be part of the Brangelina Brood Award.

Speaking of Brangie, Angelina gets the award for Best Jewelry.

I'm feeling Emerald Envy. These are gorgeous and so is her hair.

Mickey Rourke, I know I called you Worst Dressed and you didn't win the Oscar, but you aren't going to walk away empty-handed! You get the award for Best Jewelry incorporating a Picture of a Dead Dog. Congrats!

Amy Adams is the winner of the Thanks for making me feel more secure in my Paleness Award.

But she also won Worst Jewelry. Sorry, Amy, but that thing around your neck is ugly.

Kate Winslet is the winner of the Biggest Fashion Letdown Award.

Kate, you looked amazing all awards season. Why go matronly now? I mean, your hair looked awesome, but I really wish you had just worn your Golden Globes dress again for the Oscars instead of wearing this yawn-worthy dress.

Beyonce and Mario Lopez are the winners of the Even We Don't Know WTF We Are Doing Here Award.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman is the winner of the I Look Like a Hobo at the Oscars Award.

You couldn't take the hat off for the night? Really? Take note of the award to follow.

Rob Pattinson is the winner of the I may be A Hobo Most of the Time, But I know I'm supposed to Dress Up for the Oscars and looked Classically Handsome on Sunday Award.

Swoon.

Emile Hirsch is the winner of the Made Me Swoon Almost as Much as Robert Pattinson Award.

Dev Patel & Freida Pinto are the winners of the Ship them Almost as Much as KStew & RPattz Award.

They are lovely. These two on the other hand--Heidi Klum and Seal are the winners of the Only Couple who seem More Annoying and Out of Place than these FolksAward.

Congrats to all the winners!

My posting will be sporadic at best over the next couple of weeks as we are in the process of moving (Yipee!) and I need a mental vacation.

Have a great day!

Love,

Elle Bunny

No comments: