Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Holy Hell, Bert's going to present an award at the Oscars!

You heard me right, Pink readers. Rob Pattinson, the official mascot of PIMSC is going to be presenting at the Academy Awards. Maybe we should build him a cake?My feelings are so conflicted about this new development that I find myself simultaneously wiggling my toes and getting nauseous. I'm sure Rob's doing the same thing, all while nervously grasping at what's left of his hair.
On the one hand, I will be so happy to see Rob on American soil. Not that I begrudge him his time at home, but we missed him over here.
On the other hand I feel second-hand anxiety for Rob. Does any remember the epic fail that was the VMAs?
Poor Rob. But I love this interview after the fact:
He's just so darn likeable. Anyway, I worry about Rob amongst this room full of Hollywood legends. It is likely to be a little more intimidating than Russell Brand and the Jo Bros and even though he's a big fancy movie star now, I still think it's quite possible that Rob could trip down the stairs when he realizes that Jack Nicholson is in the audience.
I'm hoping against hope that the Bert we see on Sunday is Smiley Bert (by far my favorite Bert) and dressed well. He stops for lots of charming interviews on the red carpet and then heads inside where he is witty and deliciously awkward as he gives out the Academy Award for Best Actress to Kate Winslet, and then they have a charming British moment as he hands over her Oscar.
But I will support him whether or not he trips down the stairs, goofs up his lines, or shows up drunk. Because that's what makes him Bert, and God knows that my adoration for Silly Bert trumps any love I have for the perfection of Edward Cullen. So I will be tuning in, and DVRing the several different red carpet programs in the hopes that I will see Rob towering over Seacrest and giggling about something.
The only thing that could make the whole thing better is if KStew joins him (crossing fingers).But I will settle for an appearance by TomStud (if he wears the Green Plaid Shirt)Have a great day!
Love,
Elle Bunny

No comments: