Monday, July 13, 2009

New Moon Monday: A little bit of this, a little bit of that.

There's not much to report today. I'm thinking that this may be my last New Moon Monday for awhile-after this I will be doing Twilight posts more intermittently for awhile until we get closer to New Moon's premiere.
Here is a video taken by one of the extras on the set of The Runaways. Towards the end you can see Kristen rock out as Joan Jett.


Impressive, although I wish we could have heard her sing. I admire her for taking on this role so completely-she's learned how to play the guitar, and she's gotten a lot of crap about her hair the whole time. But I guess that is what being an actor is. She certainly looks the part; and she looks tall despite being teeny-tiny. One thing she doesn't look-pregnant. Check out this article from the Wall Street Journal on Harry Potter and Rival Teen Franchise (and the scary picture they had with it). It compares Twilight and my new obsession, Harry Potter, which is something I hate. But it is focusing on how the success of Twilight is forcing Harry Potter to focus more on the romance to ensure that the teenage girls will be satisfied. Apparently, now that Twilight was successful, they are finally taking teenage girls seriously as an audience that goes to see movies multiple times and taking into account that movies should be made for them. While this is true, I think they would be wise to remember that there were also lots of adult women (and men for that matter) that went to see Twilight multiple times. The same has been true for all of the Harry Potter movies and will surely be the case with the one coming out on Wednesday. But it's never a bad thing to bring romance onto the screen and I can't wait to see this movie. I think the only way they could make these movies do better at the box office is by bringing Cedric Diggory back from the dead. Interesting article, though.

Here's an awesome video of Bruno being interviewed about celebrities. Someone from the Twilight cast comes up. Hilarity ensues:

I need to see Bruno stat. Sacha Baron Cohen is my own personal brand of comedy heroin. Here are some pics of Rob in a suit on the Remember Me set in NYC. And here's Pierce Brosnan (who plays Rob's dad) looking dapper in a suit on set. Perfect casting. When I was seven, we went to California on vacation for Thanksgiving. We went to a restaurant called Alice's in Santa Monica and Pierce Brosnan was there. My mom was quite impressed. I didn't know who he was because, well, I was seven and he wasn't James Bond yet. But I digress; the point is, Pierce is a beautiful man, and I once ate a meal in the same room as that man. And now he's playing Rob's dad. This makes me happy (I realize that it also makes me pathetic).

According to E!'s Mark Malkin, Rob will be gracing the cover of Vanity Fair sometime in the near future. Can't wait for that one!
Don't forget to check out the New Moon panel at Comic Con on Thursday, July 23rd at 1:45 PM Pacific Time. It should be online and if last year's Twilight panel tells us anything it will be full of screaming girls. Rob and Kristen are rumored to be attending, although I won't believe it until I see them there. Have we forgotten this?

Based on last years panel I would have bet money that Rob would have given up his Van Morrison collection before attending this thing again. If he shows up, Summit better buy him a boat And if KStew attends, they should buy her an island, Carlisle-style (remember Isle Esme?). She's the one who has to deal with all the fan hate and pregnancy rumors.

Have a great New Moon Monday!

Love,
Elle Bunny

No comments: