Thursday, July 2, 2009

Strut the Wonder Cat

I have a really incredible cat. Sometimes he meows so loud, I wouldn't be surprised if they could hear him in the next county. He also is able to leap up onto our mantle and pace back and forth on it without knocking anything over. Now I know that these are all normal cat things. But trust me, he's special.
The main reason that Strut is so special is that he honestly believes in his heart of hearts that he is a dog. It's written all over his face. He's constantly smiling, always congenial. He follows us around, always nipping at our heels. He has a voracious appetite and he runs around the house. He loves a belly rub and I can literally stretch his legs out in all directions and he doesn't get mad. He sleeps at the foot of our bed. He's playful and funny. He comes into the room when you whistle for him. Lately, we've been watching the first season of 30 Rock on Netflix and he always lays on the top of the back of the couch and watches with us. He told me his favorite character is Kenneth. I think he identifies with him. They are both always so eager to please.
Which is why I wasn't surprised that he didn't belly-ache when Meow-Meow (my mom) gave him this collar. He wore it with pride.
So basically he's the perfect combination of a dog and a cat. He's sweet and eager to please, but he isn't hard to take care of. Just put bowls of food and water out and give him a litter box and he's good to go. I love Strut with every fiber of my being. I'm looking into having him cloned.
Have a great day!
Love,
Elle Bunny

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is a most wonderful cat! So glad he took to his tie. When it cools off, we'll have to get him another suit - perhaps from Neiman's? Also love your little things in life piece - there's an important message there.

love,
Pinkie

Anonymous said...

I love my nephew so much!! Aurora does too - she just likes to play coy ;)

Elizabeth said...

Strut's heart belong's to Aurora! I'm glad that y'all both love him as much as I do. I think a suit from Neiman's would do.