Wednesday, March 18, 2009

James Franco: Biopic King?

James Franco is one of my favorite actors. He was so amazing in his portrayal of James Dean that I tend to think of him as an extension of the icon. His Independent Spirit Award-winning turn in Milk last year was also incredible and in my opinion was by far the most understatedly elegant performance in the movies during the past year. Now, James is going to star in Howl, a new movie about the life of poet Allen Ginsberg. And I must say, I like seeing him in glasses (that was my favorite part of the James Dean biopic). Now there's no doubt that James Franco has incredible comedic timing (just watch this clip from Pineapple Express if your not convinced) and he is great at creating new characters, but I must say that I think he is the King of Biopics. He's my pick for A Jeff Buckley biopic.
Also, I must say, it's hard for me to describe how much I love an actor who is getting his masters degree in writing from Columbia University and is writing a book. I salute you, James Franco, King of the Biopic!
Have a great day!
Love,
Elle Bunny

No comments: