Tuesday, March 10, 2009

LiveJournal Questions: Day 2

When you're stuck in a boring class or meeting, what's your favorite way to keep yourself entertained (or at least from falling asleep)?
It varies. Lately I've been trying to name all the folks who have taken the top spot on American Idol (try it; it's harder than you think).
At times you might find me trying to remember all the classes I took my Freshman year of college (That one year at Baylor, which cost more than the next three years at UT, certainly made an impression on me considering I have a hard time remembering 6 of the 10 or so I'm estimating I took. Sorry Mom and Dad). Sometimes I try and remember where they've had all the seasons of Real World.
But most of the time I think of different ways to annoy my boss,who is usually running said meetings.
Can I complain to y'all for a minute? Good, because I'm going to. If you don't want to hear it, just scroll down.
He is insufferable. I think he has been taking notes Michael Scott on how to be an effective boss. He always says things that are incredibly inappropriate. He uses my name over and over again when he talks to me, which is one of those things that always grates. He is a creeper--he's always just shows up without warning, usually when I'm reading about the Hot Slut of the Day. He talks too much about himself and how awesome he thinks he is. He talks way too much about his personal life and his stupid girlfriend who must be at least as weird as Jan from The Office (or else why would she be dating him?). And I have many reasons that I could go to someone above him and try and either get him fired or move to a different "Team". But I like my team--everyone but him. And I really love my desk--it's by the windows, so I have trees and sky to look at when I'm feeling trapped in this God-forsaken place. I love my neighbors-I can turn in any direction and talk to a person I adore. The one ingredient that sucks is my boss. And I'm afraid that if I go to his superior, she will see our not getting along as an "isolated incident" and move me instead of him. And in the immortal words of Michael Bolton from Office Space "why should I have to change when he's the one who sucks?"
Quick story of how he annoys me and how I handle it (passive-aggressively, of course):
My stupid boss has been copying one of the other Team Supervisors by having us sit with other team members for an hour and listen to their call-taking technique. Anyway, we have an odd number of team members and so he has to have someone observe him take calls for an hour (which he picked me for first, which thankfully, is over with). He was telling me about his awesome call-modeling was this month and how he just kept helping the caller and then he complained about a certain procedural issue. I agreed with him and then he just goes off on a tangent of "You should submit an idea on how to improve upon the current procedure. Because you know, it doesn't help to just sit there an complain." WTF? I was trying to be empathetic. He complained first. Then he goes on to say "When I was in the Navy" (did I mention that he was in the Navy? Because he was) "I used to complain about stuff..." At this point I tuned out and interrupted him only to say "When you were in the Navy, did you ever bust out into the Village People song? Because I totally would." He assured me that this never happened, and that my feelings on that were exactly why someone like me was not in the Navy, but I think that is a load of bull. Then he went on and on about he doesn't like musical groups-he likes bands but not groups (except for the Jackson Five and Boys II Men of course); he doesn't like The Village People, New Kids on the Block (huh?), *NSync (you're breaking my heart) or Wilson Phillips. How did he even make that jump? Like I see the road you're going down and then all of a sudden you are taking a left turn to the adult contemporary channel.Anyway, at this point, my friend Jamie who sits behind me turns around and starts singing "Hold On For One More Day" which I am grateful for, because I don't know what other excuse I could have had for laughing for the following 4 minutes.
So you can see why I hate him. Next thing, he's going to tell me he hates The Carpenters.
Anyway, some quick updates:
I'm in my house and we are down to about 6 or 7 boxes in the garage that belong in the house. We love the house--it is perfect.
Speaking of perfect, we got a cat. His name is Strut (it was Sterling) and we adopted him on Sunday. He is adorable and very cuddly.
I will be posting pictures of him and the house soon, but lately I've been so overwhelmed with stuff to do that I haven 't had time to upload pictures to my computer.
Have a great day!
Love,
Elle Bunny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG. I am dying listening to this story about your boss...just picturing you asking him about the Village People sent me into a hysterical fit of laughter.