Friday, September 12, 2008

Bella Swan is Friday's Fun Fearless Female of the Week!

Yes, I know, Bella Swan is a fictional character. And no, I'm not referring to Kristen Stewart (don't worry, she will have her Friday eventually).
But tomorrow is Bella's birthday--and also the day that Hurricane Ike should be making its way through my neck of the woods. I think Ike is a most appropriate way to mark the occasion, as Bella is the ultimate Danger Magnet. On Saturday I will be celebrating by wearing my Bite Me shirt and make Mr. Bunny take a picture of me that I will send to Stephenie to show my support (fans are trying to show lots of support for her after the Midnight Sun leak). Bella is intelligent, has a dry sense of humor, and is very understanding and caring. She often puts the needs of others before her own. She hates dressing up, saying that makeup "is a pain" and that she feels uncomfortable in impractical, elegant clothes. She has a very private mind, which is thought to be why Edward is unable to see her thoughts, and she is determined to become a vampire. She is also said to be a terrible liar, but occasionally demonstrates good acting ability. She also gets faint at the smell of blood.

While I typically envision Kristen Stewart when reading about Bella, here is the description of Bella's appearance given by Stephenie:

"very fair-skinned, with long, straight, dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. Her face is heart-shaped—a wide forehead with a widow's peak, large, wide-spaced eyes, prominent cheekbones, and then a thin nose and a narrow jaw with a pointed chin. Her lips are a little out of proportion, a bit too full for her jaw line. Her eyebrows are darker than her hair and more straight than they are arched. She's five foot four inches tall, slender but not at all muscular, and weighs about 115 pounds. She has stubby fingernails because she has a nervous habit of biting them."
I'm so glad that Bella is part of the Pale Force. It lets me know I'm not alone in this world. And I'm really happy that they cast KStew because she definitely fits this description very well.

So lets talk a little bit about Bella's history. After moving to her father's house in Forks, Washington, Bella met the mysterious Cullen family and fell in love with Edward Cullen. However, she soon discovers the truth behind their strange habits: the family is a coven of vampires.

Desperate not to lose him, Bella vows to stay with Edward, even if it means turning into a vampire herself, despite Edward's wishes. I won't share anymore of her story, because my mom Pinky is in the middle of the first book and I would want to ruin her fun!

Happy Birthday Bella!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Stay safe and dry this weekend.

Love,
Elle Bunny

No comments: