Thursday, September 11, 2008

When I grow up, I want to be Lucille Bluth

I've always wanted to be that assertive, take charge woman. The woman who is a bitch on her good days . I wouldn't mind be drunk most of the time either.But I'm not that girl. Most of the time I'm timid and shy, sometimes a little silly. And a drink always sounds like a great idea until I think about how I'll feel the morning after. A lot of times I'm so unsure of what to say to people that I choose not to say anything--I wouldn't want to offend someone or make a fool out of myself. In other words, I'm a girl, a southern girl at that, and I guess I just wasn't raised that way.

For my job, it would be awesome if I could be totally self assured, not afraid to interrupt someone who is talking incessantly and redirect them to the things that we need to focus on. Instead, I keep my mouth shut and act as there punching bag. I want to be okay with my bitchiness. I want to be self assured.

How do I get that way?

Maybe if I watch the other two seasons of Arrested Development I will figure out the answer.

Love,

Elle Bunny

No comments: