Tuesday, September 2, 2008

He looks good in whatever he wears...

He's not wearing..pants!

(Marky-Mark in his heyday)


Holy crow, I loved Dream Phone. I owe my mom big time because she has yet to get rid of any of my old board games either (she has asked me a time or two). I love you, Pinky!!
Play revolved around a ginormous pink phone and lots of hot guys (actually they weren't really hot at all. They looked kind of stinky...except for my one true Dream Phone love, Dale). To begin with, you got a couple of cards of the guys who you knew weren't your guy. You had to call them all, and they would give you clues that would help you eliminate who it couldn't be. Then you would narrow it down and have to call the guy who you thought was crushing on you. If you were smart enough to have figured it out, he would say "You're right, I really like you." If you weren't right, or just thought it was funny to get rejected by a fake guy, it would say something insulting when you called. It was kind of like a desperate, anti-feminist, romantic version of Clue. I loved it.
The clues were quite quotable--this game is almost as quotable as the infamous Mall Madness (Choom, choom). My favorite was always

He looks good in whatever he wears...he's not wearing orange.

Um...first of all, if you are supposed to be a guy that could possibly be interested in me, why do you think he looks good in whatever he wears? And in any town other than Austin (where we wear our Burnt Orange with pride--Hook 'Em!),

do people actually wear orange?
One summer while I was in college, me and my Struthrope Sisters (that's a story for another day) Meredith and Rachel decided that it would be fun to play Mall Madness and Dream Phone. But the Phone wouldn't work, so we figured we had to put in new batteries. But the old batteries had corroded and it was really gross. Rachi, brave girl that she is, cleaned the whole thing out with a Bic pen. We enjoyed the game, but it turned into a game of getting them to say stupid things to make each other laugh.

Ahh, memories.

Coming up next time--How does the economic downturn effect Mall Madness? Do all the stores start yelling "Your item cost five dollars more!"?

Love,

Elle Bunny

No comments: