Monday, December 22, 2008

My Favorite Things Monday: Music and Blog

If I were a young British girl singer, I would be Lily Allen. I would wish that I was the Welsh girl Duffy, and I would thank the Lord that I wasn't Amy Winehouse. But I would be Lily Allen. Her songs are the best-they sound happy from the outset, but when you listen to the lyrics they are really melancholy and talk about many of the things we deal with as young women- low self confidence, stupid boys, wishing we were someone else. Her new album "It's Not Me, It's You" comes out in February and I love the first single "The Fear".

Isn't the video awesome?So, in spite of the fact that she is often in the tabloids and makes a lot of mistakes, I love Lily Allen. Here are some of my other favorite Lily Allen videos/moments:

I love this song and video. The song is called LDN, which is text-speak for London.

That's Lily's fantastic cover of Brit-Brit's song "Womanizer". It's made of awesome.

So another one of my obsessions, The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond, is something you can blame my sister for. She introduced me to it and I've been hooked ever since. Which is kind of funny, because I don't think I'm necessarily the target audience, but Ree aka the Pioneer Woman is easy for anyone to relate to. My favorite is when she blogs about falling in love with her husband, aka Marlboro Man. That is called Black Heels to Tractor Wheels: A Love Story. Basically, Ree grew up living off of a golf course, she went to school in LA, and ended up falling in love with someone when she least expected it. So now she lives on a ranch with him and their five kids, and despite the fact that she misses sushi and nights out on the town with her friends, she is very happy. She has an interest in photography and takes beautiful pictures of life on the ranch. She is also full of hilarious stories about crazy things like her lap dance with Gary Coleman and the time she dropped her panties in a coffin. I love her. If you haven't read her blog, you should check it out.

Have a great day!

Love,

Elle Bunny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays! Hope you have a great week off. :)