Monday, December 8, 2008

My Favorite Things Monday: Music

Okay, lately I have been playing the same songs over and over again, kind of like a broken record. I think it is starting to drive Mr. Bunny nuts. But I really do love these songs:
"Last Christmas" by Jimmy Eat World.

My favorite cover of this song, which is definitely in my top 5 list of favorite Christmas songs. So good. This song, particularly the original Wham version, has always brought to mind cartwheeling elves for me. I'm not sure why, but it does, and it makes me smile.

I also thoroughly enjoy this YouTube fan-made video because it features a Gingerbread Man and a bottle of Jack Daniels. That sounds like Christmas to me!
"Our Song" by Taylor Swift.

I have a love/hate relationship with this song. Right now I'm in love with it, despite the fact that it sometimes annoys the shit out of me. It's very sweet and I like to sing it really loud and off-key whilst speeding down the road.


The video is really cute, too.

"Strawberry Swing" by Coldplay.

This song is my obsession. This is the one that I keep playing over and over and over. It makes me think of childhood and brings very vivid visions to mind, none of which actually have to do with what he is singing about. In fact, I hesitated before looking up the lyrics to this one because I didn't want it to ruin the song for me--it didn't. It is still sweet and endearing. The music is just so beautiful. When I'm alone in my car, I will rewind certain parts of the song over and over because I think that's the best part, then I move forward and decide that is the best. I love Coldplay. There music makes my soul happy.

This is a video of them playing it live at Brixton Academy. It's awesome.
Have a great Monday everyone!
And remember to check out all the awesome music!
Love,
Elle Bunny

No comments: