Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Some random post-b-day thoughts...

...You are never too old to eat cupcakes (I'm eating a rather large one right now).
...I have really awesome friends and family. My birthday was awesome because I spent it with my favorite people. I feel very loved! Thanks, guys!
...I have a memory of sitting in the dining room of my childhood home and having my mom play the New Kids on the Block Happy Birthday song on my tape deck before I blew out the candles. I don't know if that really happened (Pinky or Meredith, do you remember this?), but if it did, that's pretty awesome. Here is the song I'm referring to:

...People should really be nice to you on your birthday. I had to bitch the manager out at Trudys because he wouldn't let us move two tables together so I could sit with all my friends. He was a complete ass. To borrow a phrase from that classy broad, Jennifer Aniston, I don't know who shit in his Wheaties, but he was mean. And I was drunk, so when he sarcastically wished me a happy birthday, I flicked him off. I'm not ashamed. I'm usually classy, but sometimes you're drunk and just need to put somebody in their place. And that guy was asking for it. But as I was saying, what happened to people being nice to you on your birthday? Nobody would move so I could sit with my whole family at the movies on Friday either (and it literally would have meant moving one seat over). So basically, people suck.
...I'm going to see the Nutcracker. I cant wait! I've never seen a professional production. Mr. Bunny is amazing. It is probably my favorite gift. I love ballerinas! I love Christmas! This is perfect!
...We went to see "Milk" and it is so good. Sean Penn should win an Oscar. It is really sad but a really important movie to see--only too appropriate with all the Proposition 8 stuff going on right now.
...I really love Sufjan Stevens. I have been listening to his Christmas CD a lot and it just gets me in the spirit. Here are some of my favorite songs off of that album, and I through in a video of him playing Jacksonville live at the end, just because I love that song:




...and finally,one should always take the day off after their birthday. I had an amazing day off yesterday--sorry for the lack of blogging.
I love y'all!
Thanks for all the nice comments for my birthday! They made me smile!
Love,
Elle Bunny

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To quote that wise old RHOA sage Dwight, "All you can do is pray for 'em baby"!

Elizabeth said...

Another one of my favorites is "Bless your heart".