Monday, December 1, 2008

A Sad Day for Mankind...Sooners rejoice

I don't mean to be a sore loser, but this sucks. Big Time. And the reason that it sucks so bad is that we didn't lose. We won 45-35 against the Sooners. Oh, and BTW, Sooners is just a fancy way of saying land-stealers. Nice thing to use as your school mascot, no? Appropriate for Oklahoma, though. Here is another Longhorn sharing his thoughts via the YouTube.

Thank you! MTE!

Anyway, in other news, I had a wonderful Thanksgiving break. It was too short, as always, but I enjoyed it thoroughly. I love cornbread dressing. Yum.

And I have also decided that from now on, I will be sharing something/s that I enjoy on Mondays. This could be a book, television show, movie, blog, YouTube Channel, or music. Or all of the above. It will be called My Favorite Things Mondays. We'll get things started today.

My Favorite Things:

BooksRight now I am reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, which was recommended to me by my friend Laura, and my other friend Bella Swan. You might have heard of her. It is about a girl named Elizabeth Bennett (her family calls her Lizzy) who is headstrong and fun. Her Dad loves her will and wit, while her mom is overly concerned with getting her and the rest of her sisters married off. Steph Meyer always talks about how Edward is partially based on Mr. Darcy, who so far, is kind of an ass in this book. I am thinking he might be the main love interest though. All the other guys are kind of boring. It is awesome, and after I get done reading it, I plan to watch the Kiera Knightly movie which I have also heard is made of awesome.I just started reading another book called An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. It is so funny and very well written. It is about a guy named Colin Singleton who was a child prodigy. He has just graduated from high school and his girlfriend dumped him on the same day. He has dated 19 girls in his lifetime--all of them named Katherine (not Kat or Katy or Catherine; just Katherine); and all of them have dumped him. He goes on a road trip with his friend Hassan. It is so funny, I have found myself laughing out loud several times. If you are interested, pick it up at Barnes and Noble, it's only $3.99 and highly entertaining.

MovieMy husband and I stayed up late on Saturday night and were flipping through the channels and came upon "Candy" a movie starring Heath Ledger and Abbie Cornish. It is a very painful story about heroin addiction. It is a really beautiful and haunting movie. Heath was so talented, it breaks my heart every time I watch one of his movies. What a loss. Abbie was also really good. I will have to rent "Stoploss."

MusicRay LaMontagne's Gossip in the Grain is just so amazing. I just bought the full cd and I adore him. His voice has so much soul. He sounds like he came straight out of the 1970's and he looks like it, too. He's all about the music, and very talented. If you haven't heard him, listen and learn.

Television

The Tyra Banks Show

Because it is ridiculous. Because the moments between Tyra and Rob exceeded my expectations. It was awesomely bad.

Blog

What Claudia Wore is amazing. This girl goes through the BSC books and discusses what Claudia and all the other character's wore. She also sometimes goes off on random fashion tangents. I enjoy every bit of it.

YouTube

Recently, I have been thoroughly enjoying the YouTube stylings of nikmarie64. She does hilarious song parodies about Twilight related goodness. She also plays the part of Rob in the Hot Hobo Love video. She is too funny. Here is one of my favorite Nik videos:

I hope you enjoy at least one of the things I recommended! Maybe they will help to ease our pain as we question why the BCS sucks so bad.

Have a great day!

Love,

Elle Bunny

No comments: