Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I'm boycotting April Fools Day

I'm not kidding. Does anybody else think that April Fool's Day is just an excuse for Jackasses to act like Jackasses? Maybe I'm taking it too seriously, but I'm getting kind of annoyed. The Lex has turned into LexiKalebCon for the day. I went to YouTube and all the videos are upside down. I've come across the following few stories:
All of these are bogus. Maybe I need to get a sense of humor. Where do I buy one of those? Or maybe these jokes are only funny to the people playing them. This is what I've been thinking in my head all day:
Ah, The Smiths. Morrissey. That's a sense of humor I can respect. What's funnier than Girlfriend in a Coma?
Either way, the only reason I enjoy April Fool's Day is it is the day that the universe smiled on my family and brought this treasure into the world:Photobucket

Abby has been a member of our family since I was in the 8th grade. When we got her she was 4 months old and we estimated that it meant she was born in early April. So we said she was born on April Fool's Day.

But Abby is nobody's fool. She is the Queen and we are her subjects (as is the case with most cats). But she is also so sweet and loving. We are so lucky to have her as a part of our family.Photobucket

Happy 11th Birthday Abby!
Enjoy your Vanilla Pudding!
Have a great day everyone! I hope no one plays a stupid prank on you.
Love,
Elle Bunny

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too dislike April Fools. So I'll join your boycott. :)

Anonymous said...

It's actually Abby's 11th birthday (Abby's a bit offended, but is writing it off to an April Fool's joke on your part, so be glad that it gets you off the hook)! And she will have vanilla pudding tonight. Thanks for honoring her in your pink blog.

P

Anonymous said...

happy birthday abby!

Elizabeth said...

Sorry. Have changed the birthday now. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't like April Fool's.