Monday, April 13, 2009

New Moon Monday: Holy Crow, this guy has been in Oscar Nominated Movies!

Michael Sheen Joins 'New Moon' Cast--aren't we lucky?? I'm so excited. He must be getting paid handsomely. I am happy to see the role of Aro (who I love) go to someone who actually has cred. He is no stranger to Vampire movies though, having played Lucian in the many Underworld films. For those who haven't the movies (me neither!) here is a character summary- Lucian is the first of his kind, he can change into the wolf form at will. He becomes the leader of the Lycans (werewolves) when Victor finds out that he and his daughter Sonja are in love and decides to kill him. Lucian starts a vicious war against the Vampires beginning when Viktor kills Sonja and their unborn child.
Glad to see he's joined the Vampire team. I think he can probably pull off creepy pretty well, which is important when you're playing Aro. Plus, he's used to playing men of power, having played
Tony Blair in The Queen.
So let's see: so far we have Jamie Campbell-Bower as
Caius and Michael Sheen as Aro; I wonder who will play Marcus? My money is on someone British (odds are based on the fact that the first two are) and not very famous. Having Michael Sheen is a major win, and Marcus isn't a major player, so my guess is it will be someone I've never heard of. I have to say, I'm happy with this news!
In other news, I just discovered this
NO GOOD TV interview with the cast of Adventureland. It's lovely. I love this interviewer. (Beware--lots of cursing--and giggling)

You might remember this interview:

So funny. Anyway, here are some pics from filming in Vancouver.

Aww.
Rob, I can only imagine how happy you are with the improvements in your makeup. Thank goodness-no more lipstick! I heave a sigh of relief for you.
Oh, Taylor, what lovely, flowing locks you have.
Normal kids. I love you guys!
I also love you, Mike Newton! Do you want to, you know, go to prom with me?
Bella's holding a camera. Does this mean that Charlie giving Bella a camera for her birthday actually made it to the script? It does look to be a digital camera, so I guess Edward just erases the pictures from the actual camera in addition to hiding her photo album (or the album could have been eliminated altogether). So intriguing. I like that there is intrigue about this movie. I like that the set is closed and there is a lot of secret-keeping. It's nice that everything isn't spoiled yet (although I'm sure there will be more soon). I don't think it's necessary for the Twilight mafia to be everywhere and I admire Chris Weitz for trying to keep us guessing and keep us surprised.
Have a great New Moon Monday!
Love,
Elle Bunny

No comments: