Friday, January 9, 2009

Anne Hathaway is Friday's Fun Fearless Female

I love Anne Hathaway. Have you seen Rachel Getting Married yet? Because if you haven't, you should go see it. Or maybe you shouldn't. It is kind of incredible in my opinion, but Mr. Bunny said that he thought it was a train wreck--I also thought it was a train wreck, but in a very heartbreaking and funny, entertaining way. The wedding is awesome. You want Elle Bunny's opinion--go see it. Mr. Bunny would say to run the other way. But apparently, the critics agree with me because Anne Hathaway won a Critic's Choice Award last night for portraying Kym, Rachel's sister. Here she is accepting the award.
I just adore her. She plays against type in the movie, and does it so well that at the end of it you kind of want to hate her, but then how awesome she was in The Princess Diaries and The Devil Wears Prada and you come back to your senses.
Anyway, Anne has had quite a year, what with the end of her ill-fated relationship with con-artist/Zach Braff look-alike Raffaello Follieri and movies that showed both her comedic and dramatic skills, with Get Smart and Rachel Getting Married. But I love her. And much as I hate to admit it, I will probably see Bride Wars (which comes out today) and love it. Because I'm a sucker for that kind of movie, even if the plot is totally implausible and ridiculous and nobody would ever act like that. Here are some of my favorite Anne moments, courtesy of YouTube.

I love that movie. Julie Andrews and Anne Hathaway are an unbeatable combination.

I love Brokeback Mountain so much. It's impossible to describe how moving that movie is and it is impossible to find the best Anne scene from the movie on YouTube. But if you've seen the movie, you know about how awesome she is during the phone call scene.

She's so good. And Rosemarie Dewitt (who plays Rachel) is also so amazing.

So let's celebrate Anne Hathaway, Friday's Fun Fearless Female! (She would probably want us to go see her movie Bride Wars to celebrate)
Have a great weekend!
Love,
Elle Bunny

No comments: