Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The good, the bad, and the ugly

Well, the Bunny household had a very eventful, emotional rollercoaster of a weekend.
I'll start with the bad news:My sweet furbaby Scout died. She just passed away in her sleep on the living room floor on Sunday night/Monday morning. They still hadn't come back with any results at that point, but we talked to her vet on Monday and he had talked to the pathologist who said she had hyperplasia most likely related to an auto-immune disease. She was only 2 1/2 years old, but she lived a very full life. She was born in the garage of family friends. Then, as a little baby kitten, she escaped and ran away from her mom and brothers and sisters. She lived a life on the streets and joined a gang. Then, about a week later, she suddenly came back to her senses and ran back to the family and the home she was born in.
Mr. Bunny and I adopted her on the weekend of the Austin City Limits Festival in 2006. She ran around in circles in Mr. Bunny's apartment, chasing her tail.
Things I will miss about Scout: the way that she would lean up to me and kiss my face; the way she would curl up and snuggle and watch tv with me; the way she chirped more than meowed. She was so sweet and will be missed.
Good news:We made a deal with the seller of the house we love on Friday night. Tomorrow is the inspection and we are scheduled to close on February 23. It is bittersweet, because I know Scout would have loved the house, but I'm glad that it will be a fresh start for us. It is so exciting. I can't wait to live there. Apparently, both Mr Bunny's Dad and Stepmom and his Mom and Brother are planning on coming separately to visit on Washington State's Spring Break at the end of March-beginning of April (we will be scheduling Denny and Chris, who is a school librarian Dad and Stepmom at the beginning of the week, with Roxy and Sean coming at the end of the week to avoid any awkwardness), so I guess that will be motivation enough to get things settled quickly, right?
The Ugly:

Joaquin, honey. Say Bye Good to your career. This is embarrassing. Johnny Cash picked you to play him in Walk the Line. You are too good for this shit. I'm hoping this is a big joke that you and Casey Affleck (who's following him around filming him for a documentary) cooked up, and I know you said that you are retiring from acting, but are you sure? Because you were really good at that. Maybe this could be more of a side project? Just a suggestion.

Have a great day everyone!

Love,

Elle Bunny

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Sissy - I'm so sorry about sweet Scout. Congrats on your house - it is perfect!

Anonymous said...

I certainly didn't expect Scout to join Cadillac so soon, but am glad she's in good company. They're going to have fun roaming the Texas Hill Country together. For some reason, I just picture Scout riding on Cadillac's back. Scout was an angel - she will be missed!