Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sorry for my sporadic posting...

I swear I'm trying to get back to 5 days a week, but yesterday I took a sick day. And last week I had time off from work for the holidays. Anyway, I'm thinking I'm going to get back on track now. And today I will be discussing what I got for Christmas (I would discuss what I gave everyone else, but then I couldn't go on and on about how much I love everything I got).
First of all, I got a really awesome camera from my parents. It is called a Canon Rebel and it is an SLR. It's really high-tech and fancy (at least to a novice like me) and it is the perfect way for me to pursue my dream of becoming a half-way decent photographer. I'm thinking I will eventually incorporate my pictures into my blog, in the form of a Wordless Wednesday feature (which, if you know anything about me, is a joke; I'm sure there will be plenty of words underneath every picture describing what I did or where I took it or who is in the picture. They always said a picture is worth a thousand words, and I'm likely to spend 1001 describing one).
Mr. Bunny gave me an awesome iPod Touch. I cannot describe how much I love this thing. It's amazing. I think it was probably 4 years ago that I got my first iPod. I was the first person in my immediate family to get one and I was puzzle by this newfangled gadget. How do I get the songs on it? And how do I make it play them? It only took me a couple of days to become completely dependent on it and after three and a half lovely years with my iPod, it died. I don't honestly know what happened, but suddenly it just wouldn't play. It was a sad day in the life of Elle Bunny, and it was only when iPod numero uno died that I realized how absolutely necessary it was in my life. So I wanted to buy another (after I went to the Apple store and they told me that the warranty runs out after a year and there is no way to fix it that doesn't cost more than an iPod) but didn't have $250 just laying around to spend on whatever my heart desire, so I settled on the next best thing--an iPod Shuffle. Which is nice and really great for working out (which I need to do more of) but not the best when you just want to make a playlist and listen to it in perfect sequential order. When I opened the iPod touch on Christmas Eve, I literally got tears in my eyes. It is so beautiful and I'm going to take really good care of it (Mr. Bunny has it named on iTunes as Bunny Touch, which makes me giggle every time I see it). It has an awesome pink case.
I also got lots of wonderful books. I have already read Looking for Alaska and Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist, which were both awesomely entertaining gifts from my sister and Cam. Right now I'm reading The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb, which is long but so far it is pretty good. I love reading!
I also got lots of fun clothes, a bunch of pajamas,accessories, jewelry, etc, etc. I love Christmas! And honestly, this year, I wasn't as sad to see the day pass as I usually am. I think it had something to do with looking forward to spending time with all the amazing people around me and with all of the wonderful gifts that they have given me.
Have a great day and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and are having a Happy New Year!
Love,
Elle Bunny

No comments: