Monday, June 1, 2009

New Moon Monday: I don't even know where to start.

Suffice it to say, last night was an epic night for Twilighters. The MTV Movie Awards were on, and while they (and the commercial breaks) were quite vulgar, I have to say I enjoyed them. But I do loves me some Andy Samberg. Really the whole show felt like it was Tailor made for me. Twilight won almost every award it was nominated for, they showed the trailer for New Moon, there were multiple references to Twilight and the hotness of Robert Pattinson, Justin Timberlake made an appearance and Keyboard Cat played a special role (btw, last night my sister told me that KC was named Fatso IRL and is now dead. RIP Fatso/Keyboard Cat. You are missed and I am devastated). So anyway, let me get last night out of the way and then I will talk actual New Moon filming. First and most importantly: the trailer for New Moon
I'm impressed. I have to say, I'm not really a wolf pack kind of gal, but during the last 30 seconds I found myself grabbing Mr. Bunny's arm and saying "please show werewolves, please show werewolves". And I was impressed. Pleasantly surprised, even. I figured they might go the route of Teen Wolf and have them standing up. Overall, everything looks much better (the hair, the makeup, etc) with ONE MAJOR EXCEPTION:

Me no likey Jasper's hair/wig. I liked the old hair better. And what's funny is everybody keeps talking about how this looks so much better than it did in Twilight. I disagree-but maybe that's because I'm an old school JT fan and Jasper's hair a la Twilight reminds me of Justin during his early days with *NSync. Anywho, otherwise, I'm super excited. And my love for Jackson Rathbone is still intact.
Noticeably absent from the awards show-Jackson and Nikki Reed.
I think Jackson may have been busy working as he is in about a bajillion movies coming out over the next couple years, but I think the absence of Nikki Reed is very conspicuous, especially since we know she isn't working and was in LA.
I will say one more thing related to this topic and then move on--Rob was there with his publicist Stephanie and Kristen was there with someone the Twilight mafia identified as Miles Simone, her cousin. Michael Angar...screw it, I don't know how to spell his last name and I don't feel like looking it up. Oregano was also noticeably absent from the awards show. Oregano and Nikki--very close friends.

And that's all I have to say about that. The rest of the Cullens were there and looked amazing, especially Ashley Greene.She's so pretty!
Anyway, Twilight won in 5 of the 7 categories it was nominated in. It did not win for Best Song (Decode by Paramore was nominated; Miley Cyrus won for "The Climb". Ugh). Also, Cam Gigandet did not win for Best Villain (but he lost to Heath Ledger, which should be a given). Cam and Rob did win for Best Fight, and Rob was very humble and thanked his Stunt Double for all the work he did to make him look good. But I give Rob and Cam mad props because they are the ones who came up with the idea of using chicken and cheese in order to make it look like Rob was really biting off Cam's flesh. That is equal parts gross and brillz. Rob won for Best Male Breakthrough Performance, a category in which he was nominated against Taylor.Taylor took it like a man, probably because he knew that we would be seeing him shirtless in the trailer about 30 minutes later and would be overwhelmed by the awesomeness of his abs. Oh, and that whole turning into a wolf thing. Call me crazy, but I enjoy Rob being a crazy drunken Brit and rambling onstage about how he thinks he crapped his pants (Kristen and Stephanie's expressions after that were made of awesome). I guess that means I'm Team Edward

Next up: Rob and Kristen won for Best Kiss. I have to say that I would have demanded a recount for if they hadn't won. That kiss was epic. Here is the video from their acceptance speech.

So they didn't pull a Rachel and Ryan. I don't think any super fans of them were shocked by this, because, as I explained to my sister, the only celebrity who is more shy than Rob is Kristen. But I think they made a good effort to make it sexy and funny and these pics of Rob's facial expressions during KStew's turn and burn make me giggle.

Next up, KStew won for Best Female Performance. Which I think was totally deserved. And the most unintentionally funny moment of the night (other than Miley Cyrus's acceptance speech).

Oh bless your heart, KStew. Anybody who doesn't think you're cut out to play Bella Swan need only look at this picture for proof to the contrary. But I'm glad you were able to move on and have a giggle over it. And honestly, Rob's little giggle at your expense during the process was totally worth the public embarrassment you felt. It was completely adorable.

The thing I love about these two? They seem totally unaffected by fame. They are still two incredibly shy, awkward people who've been thrust into the limelight. But they both love to act and they are really good at it. And they seem really down to earth and calm when they are off-stage and off-camera. I kind of hate Lainey (of Lainey Gossip fame) but one of the things she wrote about Rob while he was in Cannes totally affected me. She said when he isn't be photographed or followed or videotaped, he doesn't ever play with his hair. It is just a nervous tic. I can't imagine Rob not playing with his hair constantly. It's like one of those things I just associate with him. It makes me wonder what kind of misconceptions people would have of me if I was only judged by what I did when I was in the public eye and was suddenly thrust into the limelight. I'm sure I would have plenty of my own nervous tics.

Finally, Twilight won the big popcorn.

It won Movie of the Year. Which is kind of awesome if you think about it. I can't wait for next year-after seeing the preview for New Moon, I think it is going to be even better. As far as the progress of New Moon, it is now officially in post-production. I'm sure Chris Weitz will do an amazing job with it, based only upon my viewing of the Golden Compass (a beautiful movie) and the trailer for New Moon. Here is a pic of Ashley and Dakota Fanning in their New Moon garb.

I'm getting excited!

Have a great New Moon Monday!
Love,
Elle Bunny

No comments: