Thursday, June 25, 2009

Bummer Summer?

Has anybody else been completely bummed out by the news and television this summer? At this point the only thing getting me through to Labor Day is So You Think You Can Dance. Everything else gives me a major case of the sads or the bitchface.
Exhibit A:
Jon & Kate Plus 8.

I thought I was over these bitches and fine with them getting divorced and going off into non-televised oblivion. But then they showed the footage of the kids when they were babies and I'm not made of stone, so it brought a tear to my eye. And now I'm kind of curious what will happen when they come back from hiatus. I stand by my previous statement that Jon & Kate Plus 8 is more depressing than Intervention.
But at least I have The Little Couple to tide me over. I've decided that if the LC (as I like to call the Little Couple) were average sized, I would be annoyed by them. But because they are little, I like them and think they are cute. Kind of a reverse discrimination. An old friend of mine is scared to death of midgets, so I guess this just kind of evens things out for them.
Exhibit B:
Rob Pattinson keeps getting attacked by fangirls and taxi-cabs.
This bums me out and makes me worried for his safety. Knowing his fear of being stabbed I'm sure he his currently in his own personal version of hell. And KStew is stuck far away on the west coast, with this hair: and giving us further proof as to why she was picked to play Bella Swan:

I always laugh when I see someone fall, then I feel bad for laughing and end up crying. But that uncomfortable cry where you're laughing the whole time and feel like you are going to pee in your pants. Does anyone else feel this way?
Exhibit C:
Real Housewives of New Jersey. It's over. No more table flipping for at least another six months. Yes, they are currently showing the reunion shows, but the ladies don't seem as fired up as they did before, although I'm looking forward to the 2nd part of the finale; looks like there will be some major dramz there.

So yeah, other than that: Economic downturn, everybody seems to be losing their job and their house, North Korea is threatening to bomb Hawaii, people are being killed in Iran for protesting the fact their votes were totally ignored in an election that was fixed. All in all, I would say it's been a crazy summer. But as Americans, we are conditioned to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps and find a solution for each problem. We could always send Danielle from RHONJ over to North Korea; I guarantee the majority of the leadership over there would give up and kill themselves after spending 20 minutes listening to that woman complain about how Dina must have been the one who revealed the fact that she was written about in Cop Without A Badge.
And I think the best things we could do for the citizens of Iran is force the Ayatollah Khomeini and Ahmadinejad to both marry Kate Gosselin. Chances are, they would both give up as well (they may even look into moving into Trump Towers).Another note on Peace in the Middle East: if they really want to find Osama bin Laden, they should just sic Twilighters (especially Twilight Moms) on him. Tell them that Rob will make out with them if the find Osama. I would bet someone $10 (the only expendable money I have at the moment) that he would be found within 2 weeks.
And if all else fails, it's hard to beat the ultimate healing powers of So You Think You Can Dance.

Have a great day!

Love,
Elle Bunny

No comments: