Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Epic Fail....I'm so devastated

So, I know that I have been blogging a lot this week about all things Twilight, but it has to continue after the news today.

This has been the toughest week in a tough month. I had a presentation and an interview at work yesterday. I had a bachelorette party last Saturday (not exactly my cup of tea, but it was fun) and I'm going to be in a wedding this Saturday where I have to walk down a two hundred step staircase during my entrance--in heels, no less.
All week I have been looking forward to one thing--attending the How to Be (a movie with Robert Pattinson) showing at the Austin Film Festival. When I found out that it was going to be at the AFF, I was super excited-then I realized it was going to be taking place on the weekend of the wedding and I freaked out. Then they announced that there would be two screenings, one on Thursday, one on Saturday. I was absolutely gleeful--this meant that I could see this movie--which looks awesome, and Rob is getting all these awards for.

This morning, I get to work--late as always (at least in October, the month the devil made), and my fellow Twilighter Laura looks up at me and says "Have you seen the websites?" I said no, I haven't checked them this morning. "Rob is coming to the screening...on Saturday."

I love Jaimi. She is a great friend and I am happy that she is getting married. I want to be there for her. But I cannot believe my luck--every weekend, I'm in Austin, nothing is going on. The one weekend I go out of town, RPattz is coming.
And while I hate mob scenes and would probably not even be able to get in on Saturday, this makes me sad. Rob, are you mad at me for calling you a hobo? I promise, I was joking.

I texted Mr. Bunny and he responded with "Let's skip the wedding, I'm sure Jaimi will understand." He was joking (he thinks this is all really ridiculously funny) but the thought crossed my mind.
So the bad luck continues for October 2008. It is a cosmic joke of a month. At this point I have come to expect it. So I'm trying to focus on the positive aspects of this new development: less people at the Thursday screening, and the possibility that we might see him somewhere throughout the weekend (although doubtful, I can hold out hope). And I can always watch the youtube footage that will undoubtedly follow the screening.

Love,
Elle Bunny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe he will be in Houston on Friday when you are there? If not...think about it this way: the fantasy is oftentimes better than the reality! If you saw him in person with 500 other girls who love him, it might make it seem less special than it does now