Monday, October 20, 2008

Time to "Purge"...I was the hungover bridesmaid

I'm really awful. I think this month has sent me over the edge. On Friday, I hit rock bottom (cue the 90210 dramatic/scary guitar music). Anyway, somehow I found myself completely smashed the night before my good friend's wedding to her wonderful groom. Not only that, but I let my friend the bride get hammered as well.

And after we got drunk, I threw up in front of all of the groomsmen and the bride and groom. Then the groom had to walk me and his bride back to a bedroom to try and sleep it off and I threw up again. In said bed, which just so happened to be the bed of a groomsmen who was walking me down that scary flight of stairs the next day. I have never been that out of it in my life (hangs head in shame).

All's well that ends well, right? The wedding was gorgeous, the bride and groom looked lovely and were in love. And I tried to make the best of it and laugh about it. The groomsmen were really nice about it, including the one I was walking with (I threw up in his bed). The only sour note would be that moment before our entrance when I told him I was really clumsy and might fall down the stairs and he said "just don't take me with you. I'll just let you fall." Thankfully this didn't happen, but I couldn't blame him if he let me fall and laughed. I threw up in his bed.

But the wedding was perfect, and the bride and I were fine and danced the night away. On a positive note, I don't personally know most of these people. But I'm still absolutely mortified. This definitely goes in my top 3 most embarrassing moments of all time (quite possibly taking the top spot).

I always thought people were lying when they said that they couldn't remember what happened the night before. I will never again question that. Throughout the day of the wedding, somebody would say a name or play a song, and a horrifying memory would come flooding back of me dancing around or saying my name was Melizabeth.

A little boy kept running around the reception yelling "Shame, shame!" It was only after I looked at my husband sheepishly for the third time that he explained that the little boy was looking for a friend named Shane.

Thank God for my wonderful husband Mr. Bunny, who came to the rescue. All I could think after the Great Ralph Incident of 2008 was how lucky I was because I knew he would still love me even though I was the pukey bridesmaid. And he does. He danced with me all night and we had fun together.

This morning, I went on YouTube,trying to find comfort in the fact that I'm not alone. I was trying to find someone who had a moment as embarrassing as mine. No dice. Maybe I'm blinded by my own humiliation, but as far as I'm concerned, nothing compares. I did find this, though and it made me laugh:

I'm sorry I shared this story. I probably grossed everyone out and they will never visit my blog or talk to me again. But I felt the need to purge. When something like this happens, I can't hold it in. I'm hoping it's funny to someone on the outside looking in.

Don't hate me.

Love,

Elle Bunny

No comments: