Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Short as life is, we make it still shorter by the careless waste of time

Okay, so I know I'm a complete dork and I blog a lot about Twilight. I have no doubt that if I ever met Rob Pattinson I would turn into a total fan girl loser and most likely pee myself. Lord knows that I can't party like a rock star considering my recent history of puking in beds . But last night I saw something that gave me affirmation that no matter how dorky I get, there will always be somebody way dorkier than me. The LA Times is doing a feature counting down the days until Twilight comes out in less than a month (!) Here is what they talked about.


To celebrate, the EN&B (for those of you who aren't "in the know" that's Entertainment, News and Buzz) blog will be bringing you daily -- yes, daily -- "Twilight" treats, including video and fan profiles and exclusive Q&A and film stills as Nov. 21 draws near. To kick things off, here is my favorite "Twilight" Sims video. You wouldn't believe how many of them there are, but I still laugh every time I watch this one. It also doubles as a decent primer for the uninitiated (warning-some brief nudity is featured and there isn't a hot vampire involved).


Umm..WTF?
I must say I am horrified by this video and the investment of time it so obviously represents. On the other hand, I'm fascinated. Who does this? There is more than one person who spends time on this stuff? And people watch it?
And while I will admit that some members of the Twilight community are a little more fanatical than others, I think the majority of Twilighters are fairly normal. It kind of pisses me off that this is the way they decide to start things off.
Now I know I probably shouldn't judge people who do this kind of stuff, but I'm sorry, it's just weird. It falls into the same category as Civil War Reenactments and Dungeons and Dragons. My one foray into the Sim world was assigned. We had to set up Sim Cities in my 8th grade math class. My partner in crime on the project was classmate Frannie Hale and we named our city Timberlake (in honor of my favorite boybander). It bored me to tears--mind you, it was on archaic computers and the program wasn't nearly as high-tech as it is today (nor were there any naked shower moments). But still-Sim=weird. Go live your own life--or at least blog about the lives of others or live vicariously through Soap Opera characters.
Love,
Elle Bunny

No comments: