Monday, October 27, 2008

Michelle Duggar = bat shit crazy or heavily medicated?

I cannot believe this woman. She is getting ready to have her 18th child and this is how she acts:

I just can't get over how sweet she is all the time. It reminds me of myself when I take anti-anxiety medication (don't judge). Last night I found myself watching "17 children and counting" and I couldn't stop. If you haven't caught this show yet, or don't know who the Duggars are, let me explain.

Michelle is married to Jim Bob. They are due to have their 18th baby on New Years Day. They are not Mormon and they did not use any fertility drugs. They are non-denominational Christian and just don't use Birth Control. They live in Arkansas and all their kids' names start with J. They homeschool.
Now, I must say, all the kids are fairly well-behaved and the whole family seems to be really nice. Here is a clip of their trip to NYC, where they visited the Today Show and Mom Michelle announced her pregnancy to the world and to her kids!
Now, I think it's great that Michelle is all sweetness and light, and her kids are darling, but I have to discuss the most important issue. And that is:
The Engagement of Josh Duggar.
Josh is the oldest Duggar, therefore he got a normal name, unlike Jinger or Jedidiah. He is really cute and seems really nice. He met his honey Anna at a Homeschooler conference. She lives in Florida with her parents and she looks just like one of his sisters. Josh flew down to Florida to suprise Anna on her birthday and came into the restaurant with a bunch of balloons. Her parents left the booth to go look around the restaurant and he got down on one knee and proposed. There was much to snark about in the whole thing, but I'll skip that, because I'll seem like an evil witch, and really it was all pretty sweet.
Anyway, the most important thing that was revealed in this episode is that Anna and Josh are planning to kiss for the first time on their wedding day. Now, it was kind of a given that they weren't going to "make the sex" until their wedding night, but really? What if he slobbers? What if she is one of those kissers that sticks her tongue down his throat? This just seems like a bad idea to me. Not only are they not going to kiss, but they asked their parents if they thought it would be okay for them to hold hands. Since their parents said they thought it would be fine they hold hands like it is going out of style. Sometimes I feel uncomfortable watching them hold hands--the looks they give each other while doing it make me want to vomit.

So the other part of this deal they call "courtship" is that someone has to chaperone them at all times. This responsibility usually falls on one of Josh's younger sisters. The one that went on a date with them assured us that they wouldn't kiss, but that if they started kissing, she doesn't know what she would do, but she would do something.(?)

Now I'm going to share a very unpopular opinion that I happen to hold. If you ask me, these people are way more obsessed with sex than anybody I know, including most of the people I know who are having sex and a lot of it. I think the Duggars and people like them get off on talking about sex, or in this case, the lack of it. The parents get off on everyone knowing they are having sex all the time (to make the babies). And maybe I'm a sinner, but I don't know what is wrong with a little kissing before the wedding and fewer babies afterwards.
Apparently Josh and Anna got married on September 26. Here is a picture from the wedding.

How much do you want to bet she is already pregnant a month later?

And maybe it's just me, but I enjoy watching Moms like Kate Gosselin and Amy Roloff who lose their shit every once in awhile. That seems more normal to me.
So in Twilight news, a new tv promo has come out and it has some new interesting footage:

I'm not remembering the moment in the book where Edward made out with a Bella clad in only a t-shirt and panties. I must have forgotten it-- I don't know the material that well, I only read the book 3 times.

I know, I know. They can't make the movie just like the book. That just kind of shocked me. It seems really out of character for Bella, as well as Kristen. I was not expecting to see her butt this morning. Plus, how funny is the movie guy's voice?

I'm getting excited! It's almost November, which means it is almost Twilight Month!

Rejoice!

Love,

Elle Bunny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cam and I got sucked into watching the Duggar engagement saga last night too. I always knew they were different, but this just boggled me mind. Thanks TLC - one more reality show for me to avoid homework with!