Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Who's invited to your party?

Yesterday, I made reference to the fact that James Dean is invited to the party. This is a phrase I use a lot, especially with my BFF Meredith, who is obviously the co-host to the swanky affair. You know how people ask you "If you could have three people over to dinner, living or dead, who would they be and why?" Well, I'm saying, why limit it to three? That's not to say you need to invite everybody. There are plenty of people you like or maybe have lukewarm feelings for but you wouldn't necessarily invite them to the party. In my head, this party looks kind of like my wedding--except there is no need to recite vows and more time to dance. Of course Mr. Bunny is there, and he is welcome to invite some of his people, but no Dean Ween please. Save that for your own party.The reason Meredith and I would co-host the party is partly because a lot of our people overlap but also because our overall group would probably get along really well. We'd also have a better chance of getting up the nerve to do our Michael McDonald impressions if we're together. The majority of folks at our party would be musicians. Because they are hot and we can watch them jam. And of course our families and close friends would be there, and Jesus, because what's a party without him? Here are just a few of the awesome folks that would be attending the party:
Dolly Partonshe will be like the grand dame at this party. Because we adore her. Because everyday of her life she passes out pearls of wisdom like candy on Halloween. Because she wrote "9 to 5" by rubbing her nails together. Because she played Truvy Jones. Because she created the Mecca that is Dollywood.
Michael McDonald Because he looks like Meredith's dad. Because he sang "Now it's like we're talking divorce, and we weren't even married" to Patti Labelle. Because I'm friends with his daughter on Myspace. Because I would die for the chance to sing backup for him.
Elton Johnbecause he would wear an awesome outfit and even awesomer accesories.
James DeanBecause he's hot and amazing and would have great stories. I hope the party goes on for a long time because I have lots of questions.
The BeatlesMeredith is fascinated with the Beatles so they would all be there. She is pretty much their biggest fan ever. I think I would have the most fun talking with George, but I hope he doesn't get mad at me for eating meat.
George Michael because he is the most amazing live performer I have ever seen.
Johnny Depp because he seems to get better-looking every year. Because he did the voice-overs for my favorite epsiode of This American Life. Because he seems like the nicest celebrity ever.
Jeff Buckleybecause he is my favorite artist of all time. Because he wrote the lyric "it's never over, a kingdom for a kiss upon her shoulder"...among other things. Because I think he would get a kick out of talking to the other people at the party.
And I'm sure it comes as no suprise to anyone that my newest addition is
Robert Pattinson I know you aren't obsessed with him like I am, Mer, but I assure you he would be fun at a party. Just watch this video:

How fun would he be at a party? He's totally that guy that finds the meaning of life at 2 AM after 8 hours of smoking weed and drinking heavily.
This is just a sampling of the awesomeness that would be at our party. So remember:
Don't be tardy fo tha Party!
Who would you invite to your own party?
Love,
Elle Bunny

No comments: